This year taking place for the first time at the NEC, Birmingham, the FIT Show proved to be a roaring success. However, without the exhibitors this wouldn’t have been the case. Acknowledging their efforts, which naturally contributed towards the show’s excellent visitor numbers and quality of those attending, for the second year running the FIT Show Awards rewarded the best of the best.
Six awards in total were up for grabs and were judged independently by a team of exhibition experts including NEC B2B Marketing Manager, Gemma Piggott, as well as NEC Account Manager, Liz Cawley. Other judges included Nicola Macdonald, Exhibition News reporter; Alison Jackson, Exhibition Consultant; and returning for a second year, Jenni Jaques, Marketing Director for AEO (Association of Event Organisers) and FaceTime.
With some exceptional stands to choose from judging this year wasn’t an easy task according to Jenni. “As soon as I walked in I was blown away,” she said. “It was bigger and better than last year and I could tell everybody had made a fantastic effort to make it into a vibrant and dynamic industry event for visitors. This made judging the awards a challenging task and one that we took extremely seriously.”
After walking the halls for hours putting themselves in the shoes of a visitor their conclusions were delivered at the FIT Show Gala Dinner.
The winners were:
- Most Effective Use of Social & Digital Media: AluK
– Runner-up: KAT UK
- Most Successful Visitor Campaign in Terms of Visitors Delivered: Ultraframe
- Most Creative FIT 2017 Marketing Campaign: REAL Aluminium by Customade
– Runner-up: Epwin Window Systems
- Most Creative Shell Scheme Stand: Brisant-Secure
– Runner-up: UK Fasteners
- Best Stand Design Under 80m2: Yale Door and Window Solutions
– Runner-up: Durabase
- Best Stand Design Over 80m2: MASCO UK Fabrication
– Runner-up: Liniar